Differential Diagnosis Across the Life Span: Differential Diagnosis of Common Pediatric Endocrine Disorders
The best practices surrounding pediatric endocrine care are rapidly changing to serve patients’ evolving needs and identities, and this course provides up-to-date information to support the experienced nurse practitioner’s formation of differential diagnoses. Our dynamic presentation begins with a review of endocrine system functions and hormonal feedback loops. In-depth follow-up information includes detailed analyses of congenital adrenal hyperplasia, thyroid disorders, diabetes mellitus, pubertal disorders, and other congenital endocrine disorders. All course content is supplemented by real-world case studies and rigorous multiple-choice questions.
After completing this session, the NP will have the confidence and knowledge to:
- Identify the causes and findings of endocrine disorders
- Interpret diagnostic findings and tests in regards to endocrine function
- Develop differential diagnoses
- Use current pharmacology to treat endocrine disorders and prevent adrenal crises
- Provide supportive, multidisciplinary care