Differential Diagnosis Across the Life Span: Differential Diagnosis of Common Musculoskeletal Disorders
Musculoskeletal pain and disorders are some of the most common—and costly—health concerns in the U.S. This presentation will allow the experienced NP to build confidence and sharpen their differential diagnosis skills when addressing degeneration, soft tissue injuries, and congenital disorders affecting the musculoskeletal system.
After a brief review of assessment principles, the presentation moves into an intricate discussion on osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Next, the session builds on foundational knowledge to provide a level of expertise in forming differential diagnoses for a wide array of traumatic and chronic injuries.
This module includes detailed information on over 25 disorders, including the following:
- Overuse and sport injuries affecting the feet, knees, shins, and wrists
- Gout and pseudogout
- Inflammatory synovial disorders
- Fractures, including Salter-Harris classifications
- Osteal disorders of the knees and hips, including Legg-Calve-Perthes disease
- Acute compartment syndrome
- Scoliosis and muscular dystrophy