This edition of our 45-Hour Advanced Pharmacology Course is specially designed to fulfill the requirements for furnishing privileges in the state of California. The California Board of Registered Nursing (CA-BRN) has approved this package for both initial furnishing requirements and continuing education. One exclusive session delineates the CA-BRN course requirements, and questions specific to CA-BRN are included in a practice exam.
After completing this 15-session educational package, you will be able to use patient assessment data to determine pharmacotherapeutic regimens and evaluate patient health outcomes. The principles of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics are discussed in detail, as are myriad drug types that are used in the treatment of conditions affecting all physiological systems. Analyses of state and federal regulations and organizational prescribing guidelines are included in order to encourage a safe and informed prescribing practice. These presentations consider the nuances that impact NPs’ pharmacology practices, from addiction to ethnopharmacology, and enable you to make the safest and most effective drug choices for the needs of your patients.
In addition, you should be able to do the following upon completion of this package:
- Describe the principles of pharmacology and conduct informed, independent research
- Use the concepts of pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics to evaluate patient responses to drugs
- Provide patient education and monitor patients’ adherence to instructions
- Remain aware of alternative medications and herbal supplements when treating patient conditions
- Furnish medications effectively while mitigating the risk of adverse reactions